Facts and Events
Anthony Bowen, Jr. was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Mitchel vs. Hamilton--O. S. 297; N. S. 106--Will of Andrew Hamilton of Greenbrier. Son Andrew Hamilton got on the body of Nelly Clendennin, now wife of George Stephenson. Mother; brother, William Hamilton, and his sons, Andrew and James; nephews, Andrew and William Bird; nephews, William, James and Andrew McCoy; nephew, Anthony Bowen; nephew, Moses Mann and John Bird. Dated 14th March, 1796. Recorded in Greenbrier, June, 1796.
Records in Greenbrier County, VA
- Volume 5 (page 71) - 466-67 28 Sept 1801; Anthony Bowen and wife Polly Bowen 212 acres for 5 sh to Andrew Boggs adj John Williams, James Bowen and Boggs Mill at mouth of Spring Ck. Witnesses: James Bowen, John Boggs, Alex Boggs.
- [Greenbrier County (West) Virginia Deeds 1780-1814]
- (page 100) - 336 23 Jun1806; Anthony Bowen and wife Polly Bowen, James Bowen and wife Jane Bowen 30 acres for 5 sh to Henson Williams adj Andrew Boggs.
- (page 101) - 346-47 29 April 1806 - Anthony Bowen and wife Polly Bowen, 125 acres for 5 sh to Phillip Yeager part of 600 acres survey of Andrew Hamilton (deceased) in 1796 on Culberson Ck adj. Yeager.
- (page 112) - 142 26 Sept 1808; Anthony Bowen and wife Polly Bowen, 475 acres for $1.00 to Samuel Correll on Culbertson Ck. adj. Phillip Yeager, John Black, Bank's survey, Moody, David McCoy, Mushbarger.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 .
- Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!