Facts and Events
Monroe County, Iowa, 1856 state census:S1
- Rowls, Anson 28 yrs 12 yrs in state b. Indiana Farmer
- Eveline 23 yrs 6 yrs in state b. Kentucky
- George F. 1 yr 1 yr in state b. Iowa
Monroe County, Iowa, 1860 census:S2
- Rowles, Anson 31 yrs Farmer (value of real estate = $1,600) b. Indiana
- Evaline wife 24 yrs b. Kentucky
- George F. son 4 yrs b. Iowa
Monroe County, Iowa, 1870 census:S3
- Rowles, Anson 41 yrs b. Indiana Farmer (real estate = $12,850; personal estate = $1,222)
- Evaline wife 36 yrs b. Kentucky
- George F. son 14 yrs b. Iowa
- Mary E. dau 9 yrs b. Iowa
Monroe County, Iowa, 1880 census:S4
- Rowles, Anson T. 53 yrs Farmer b. Indiana (father, b. Maryland; mother, b. New York)
- Evaline wife 46 yrs b. Kentucky (parents, b. Kentucky)
- Mary E. dau 19 yrs b. Iowa
Monroe County, Iowa, 1895 state census:S5
- Rowles, Anson 66 yrs b. Indiana Merchant M.E. [Methodist Episcopal]
- Evaline 62 yrs b. Kentucky H.W. M.E. [Methodist Episcopal]
- Hickenlooper, Manfred 36 yrs b. "Wof. Co" Iowa Bap.
- Mary 33 yrs b. Monroe County Bap. H.W.
- Daniel S. 6 yrs b. Monroe County Bap.
Obituary (somewhat abstracted):S8
- Anson T. Rowles, old Monroe County pioneer, died at his home Sunday, aged 85 years. He had lived in Monroe Co. since 1844, the son of David H. & Rebecca Rowles. He was born in Fountain Co., Ind. Jan. 18, 1828, and came with his parents to Monroe Co. in 1844. He married Evaline Wills, June 19, 1852. They had three children; David E. died in infancy. Surviving are George F., Mary E., and Mrs. M. W. Hickenlooper, with whom he had lived since his wife died May 25, 1896. He died Sept. 13, 1914, and was buried in Selection Cemetery.
- Iowa, United States. Iowa 1856 state census, p. 1046.
- Monroe County, Iowa. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 247, house/family 163/143.
- Monroe County, Iowa. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 403, house/family 17/17.
- Monroe County, Iowa. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, ED 139, p. 30, house/family 42/43.
- Monroe County, Iowa. 1895 Iowa State Census, [no page no.], house/family 39/39.
- ↑ Monroe County, Iowa. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule, ED 87, p. 90B, house/family 79/80.
- Monroe County, Iowa. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule, ED 101, p. 4B, house/family 20/20.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Hindman, Sarah; Iowa) Monroe County Genealogical Society (Albia; Iowa) Albia republican (Albia; and Iowa) Iowa Genealogical Society (Des Moines. Monroe County, Iowa, Albia Republican newspaper, abstractions and index: 1900-1922. (Des Moines, Iowa, United States: Iowa Genealogical Society, 1987-1993), [not recorded], 17 Sep 1914.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Grave marker, Hayes Cemetery, Monroe, Iowa, United States.