Facts and Events
Andrew Wilson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (Note: there were other Andrew Wilsons listed in Augusta County records that may belong to some of these records. One other Andrew Wilson was called into Court on April 14, 1778 for murdering his wife Jane, found guilty and sent to Williamsburg Genearal Court for trial. Nicholas and Mary Elsey were witnesses. [Chalkley's Vol. 1]. He was later on May 21, 1778, listed as being a madman and conveyed to jail.)
- Page 15.--20th August, 1766. Joseph Ward and Janet ( ) to John Hays and Elizabeth Ray, £37, 220 acres conveyed to Joseph by Andrew Brown, 21st May, 1755, on Poage's Draft of James River, Borden's patent line. Teste: Archibald Alexander, John Greenlee, Andrew Wilson.
- Page 116.--18th September, 1767. John Cloyd's estate sold at vendue George Poage, Thos. Arbuckle, John Man, Andw. Wilson, Josiah Crawford, Robert Kirkham.
- Page 246.--30th December, 1767. Wm. Preston, Assistant Surveyor, enters 250 acres between Gilbert Marshall and James Alexander on Back Creek, 400 acres joining Jasper Tarry, James Neely and Andrew Wilson, 400 acres on Potts Creek joining and above the Paint Bank.
- Vol. 1 - 1768-9. - William Preston entered, 30th December, 1767, 250 between Gilbert Marshall and James Alexander on Back Creek; 400 joining lands of Jasper Torry, James Neely and Andrew Wilson; 400 on Potts Creek, above the Paint Bank Survey.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1773 (A). - Andrew Wilson vs. James Alexander.--Case writ, 18th February, 1773. Defendant a reedmaker, and gone to Greenbryer.
- Page 334.--29th August, 1777. List of those indebted to the estate of Roger North-- Andrew Wilson, reedmaker; (listed among many others)
- Page 208.--10th May, 1784. David Russell and Margaret, of Washington County, N. C., to Robert Leister, tract David formerly lived on in Borden's tract; corner Robert Mason. Teste: John McKenny, Robert Harris, Andrew Wilson.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1786--February 15, David Wilson and Ellen McClure, daughter of Andrew McClure; surety, Wm. McKee; witnesses, Alex. McKiney, Josias McClure. David is son of John Wilson, and over 21. Witness, Andrew Wilson. (Note: is David possible relative?)
- Vol. 1 - CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PRIOR TO 1795. - 1787. - Commonwealth vs. Cavern.--Signatures of Hugh Brown, John Tanner (Johann Danner), James Hopkins, Andrew Wilson, John and Michael Dickey.
- Page 400.--19th January, 1790. William Christian, Jr., to Jacob van Lear, 40 acres devised to William by William Christian, deceased, part of tract Andrew Wilson now lives on, on Christian's Creek.
One descendant of Andrew Wilson says that he migrated to Charleston, Kanawha County, Virginia by 1800.
Help fund new features!