Facts and Events
||Andrew J. Piper
||7 Oct 1848
||Adrian, Lenawee, Michigan, United States
||Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo, Michigan11th Mich. Cavalry
||24 May 1870
||Petersburg, Monroe, Michigan, United Statesto Maria E. Miller
||Lincoln, Crawford, Kansas, United States
||South Bend, St. Joseph, Indiana, United States1424 Michigan Avenue
||Penn, St. Joseph, Indiana, United States
||Flint, Genesee, Michigan, United States501 Fairlane Street
||Glendale, Los Angeles, California, United States619 Justice Avenue
||Glendale, Los Angeles, California, United States
||30 Apr 1936
||Glendale, Los Angeles, California, United States619 Justin
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Year: 1880; Census Place: Lincoln, Crawford, Kansas; Roll: T9_378; Family History Film: 1254378; Page: 71.3000; Enumeration District: 57; Image: 0251., 1880, Primary quality.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624), Year: 1900; Census Place: Portage, St Joseph, Indiana; Roll: ; Page: ; Enumeration District: ., 1900, Primary quality.
Address is 1424 Michigan Ave., South Bend, IN
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 United States. 1910 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T623), Year: 1910; Census Place: Penn, St Joseph, Indiana; Roll: T624_377; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 145; Image: 806., 1910, Primary quality.
Address is Dale St. in River Park.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 United States. 1930 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T626), Year: 1930; Census Place: Glendale, Los Angeles, California; Roll: 127; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 957; Image: 139.0., 1930, Primary quality.
- ↑ United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T625), Film T625 Roll 765 p 239, 5 Jan 1920, Primary quality.
Household at 501 Fairlane St. Had Otis, Cora & Henry Teeter, with in-laws Andrew & Maria Piper. Note that 72-year old Andrew was a clerk in an auto factory.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Andrew J Piper, in Various county clerks throughout California. California, County Birth and Death Records, 1849-1989, #4030, 1 May 1936, Secondary quality.
- ↑ Andrew Piper enlisted in the 11th Michigan Cavalry at age 16. In later years, he worked as a blacksmith. I assume that there is a connection. As a note, the 11th was combined with the 8th Michigan Cavalry before they were mustered out.
- ↑ Find a Grave has a photo of the marker for Andrew J. Piper, in Grand View Memorial Park, from Mausoleum, as of date 12/28/2010. On a visit to Grand View Memorial Park on 24 July 2011, we found the markers for Andrew and Maria in the West Mausoleum at Crypt D, Tier C530-1 sec WM.
- ↑ The address on the census form for 1930 is 619 Justin Ave., Glendale, CA