- H. Andrew McNabb1695-1702 - 1797
- W. Ann (add)
m. aft. 1747
Facts and Events
Andrew McNabb was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Orange County, VA Records:
- Survey in Augusta County by Thos. Lewis, Surveyor - 3 June 1745; Andrew McNab, 138 acres on branch of Lee's (s/b Tees) Creek. [Orange County Virginia Deed Book 10, Dorman, pg. 54].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 109.--12th February, 1750-1. Andrew McNab to John Gilmer (ore), 138 acres, Back Creek of Tees Creek. Line of Borden's great tract Teste: John McKown, Moses McKown, Francis McKown.
Will of Andrew McNabb
From Oglethorpe, Georgia Will Book A (1793-1807):
- ANDREW McNABB of Oglethorpe Co., 1/16/1797:1/21/1797, p. 47 48
- Wife: Ann, two notes of hand each for $85.75 given by Nathaniel Willis to me one due 31 Dec 1797 the other 31 Dec 1798, cattle, black horse, etc. Son in law: William McNabb, one note hand due 31 Dec 1799. To my daughter, Margaret, one note of hand given by said Willis for $85.75 due 31 Dec 1800. To Ann Wallace, wife of Oliver Wallace, one note of hand given by said Willis for $85.75 due 31 Dec. 1801. Also to Ann Wallace the remaining half of my stock of kind. Grandson: Henry McNabb. Extrx: Wife, Ann. Wits: John Martin, Joseph Gill, Nathaniel Willis.
Records of Andrew McNabb in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 14, 1746. - (23) Andrew McNabb--child sworn to by Martha Allison.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 1, 1747. - (191) Rebecca Hays, Isabella Taylor, Sarah Paxton, Elizabeth Davis, Mary McClung, Agnes Gray, Esther Lyle, Agnis McClure, Catherine McNabb, Jane Hall, Prudence Campbell, Elizabeth McCroskie and Hannah Miller appeared and their husbands recognized that they appear at May Court to testify against Rebecca Buchanan, Jr., and Senr., Mary Ann Campbell and Ruth Buchanan. John Carmichael also recognized. (Note: Catherine McNabb was Andrew McNabb's wife, as mentioned in the next record).
- Vol. 1 - MAY 20, 1747. - (193) Thos. Paxton, James McClung, Isaac Taylor, Gilbert Campbell, Wm. Hall and Andrew McNabb recognized that their wives, as above, appear as witnesses: William Lusk in behalf of Agnis Grey; Saml. Davis in behalf of his mother, Eleanor Davis; Moses McClure in behalf of his mother, Agness McClure; Andrew Hays in behalf of his mother, Rebecca Hays; Silas Hart in behalf of Esther Lyle. Acknowledged themselves as above. Wm. Henry also acknowledged as above.
- Page 129.--28th January, 1748-9. John and Mary McNabb (his wife) to Arthur McClure. Mille Creek; corner James Thompson; corner Robert Galloway. Teste: Andrew McNabb, Wm. Hall, Gilbert Campbell. Delivered to John Wilson, 30th April, 1751.
Information on Andrew McNabb
Husband: Andrew McNabb
Born: BEF. 1725 at: lived in Old Tryon NC 1767, 1772, Anson co NC in 1753
Married: ABT. 1720 at:
Died: 31 DEC 1797 at: Oglethorpe Co, Ga.
Other Spouses: Mary Margaret ? Nancy Ann ?
Wife: Catherine ?
Born: ABT. 1700 at:
Died: BET. 20 MAY 1747 - FEB 1at:
Name: Annisbell McNabb
Born: ABT. 1720 at:
Married: 1748 at: Penn
Died: at: Clark Co. Ga.
Spouses: Oliver Wallace
Name: Margaret McNabb
Born: ABT. 1730 at:
Married: ABT. 1750 at:
Died: AFT. 1797 at:
Spouses: William ?
Name: Robert McNabb
Born: BEF. 1760 at: probably Va. or Penn
Married: ABT. 1765 at:
Died: 1784 at: Washington Co Ga or Wilkes Co Ga.
Spouses: Mary ?
Help fund new features!