Facts and Events
Andrew Kennedy was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 130.--20th October, 1762. Borden's executors to Andrew and John Kenady, £20, 341 acres, part of 92100; cor. Andrew Steel, crossing Mill Creek; cor. Hugh Martin. Delivered to Andrew Kenady.
- Page 491.--18th August, 1772. David Scott and Catherine ( ), of Botetourt, to Andrew Kennedy; corner Henry Campbell.
Records of Andrew Kennedy in Augusta County, VA
- Page 143.--17th November, 1761. Joseph ( ) Kennedy to James Wardlaw, £100, 236 acres in Borden's tract, crossing Andrew Duncan's mill dam. George Henderson's land. Teste. Wm., James, Andrew Kennedy, Hugh Wardlaw. Delivered to Andrew Wardlaw, son of James, 2d February, 1791.
- Page 620.--17th November, 1763. William Adims (Adams) to George Jemison, £50, 336 acres in Borden's tract on Moffet's Creek; David Hays' line. James Trimble's'line. Teste: Wm. McCutchan, Wm. Kennedy. Samuel Steel. Jno. Handly, Andrew Kennady, Wm. Edmiston. Delivered: George Jamison, 17th January, 1787.
- Page 355.--23d March, 1764. Andrew Steel's will--To son, Robert; to "my sun Saml. and Alexand (er) Moore, John Foulton and James Wardlaw, &c."; to daughters, Sarah and Elizabeth. Executors, Alex. Moore and Jas. Wardlaw. Teste: Hugh Wardlaw, Andrew Kennedy, Joseph Wardlaw, Wm. Wardlaw. Proved, 21st August, 1764, by Hugh and William Wardlaw and Kennedy.
- Vol. 3 (undated, abt. 1787) Page 430.--Teste: John McKemey, Andrew Kannady, John McCoskry, Henry Venus, Elizabeth McCoskry, Thomas Beard, Robert Cooper.
- Page 85.--9th July, 1788. David McKoskry's estate appraised by Robert Cooper, Andrew Kennedy, Robt. Herris (?).
- Page 334.--Old James Trotter's line. Teste: Andrew Kenneday, Jacob Cale.