Facts and Events
Andrew Hamilton was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Virginia:
- Page 68 - Andrew Hamilton, 185 acres, Calfpasture River. Adjoining John Kinkade, James Campbell, June 4, 1767. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 26].
- Page 271 - Andrew Hamilton, 187 acres, Calfpasture River. April 29, 1775. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 93].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (unless listed otherwise:
- Page 69 - James Campbell, 154 acres, Calfpasture River. Adjoining John Kinkade, Andrew Hamilton. June 4, 1767. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 26].
- Page 176.--30th December, 1790. Andrew Hamilton and Isabel, of Woodford County, to Thomas Hughart, 185 acres on Calfpasture devised to Andrew by his father, Andrew. Teste: John McCreery, Andrew Hodge, Wm. Hogsett, Wm. Mathews, J. Hog, John Peebles, Alexander Black, Geo. Carlyle. Page 177.--9th April, 1791. Privy examination of Isabel to above in Woodford County before George Blackburn and John Finney. (Note: this land was sold by Andrew Hamilton, Jr.).
Will of Andrew Hamilton
- Page 260.--15th February, 1788. Andrew Hamilton's will, of the Calfpasture--To wife, Martha; to son, William; to son, Andrew; to each grandson named Andrew, 250 acres in Kentucky; to all my daughters; to sons William and Andrew, all books. Executors, son William and son-in-law Wm. Rennocks, wife Martha. Teste: Wm. Lockridge, Samuel Lockridge, Thos. Adams. Proved, 21st September, 1790, by the Lockridges. Hamilton and Wm. Renocks qualify.
Parentage of Andrew Hamilton
Andrew Hamilton has disputed parentage, some sources have placed him as a son of Audley Harrison Hamilton and Eleanor Adams. More research is necessary to resolve.
Information on Andrew Hamilton
3.ANDREW HAMILTON 1.WILLIAM HAMILTON
Andrew Hamilton, a son of William Hamilton, was born about 1715, probably in Ireland. He married Martha ------.
Known children of Andrew and Martha Hamilton.
- 7. (1). William b. 1744 d. 1825, m.Isabel Clerments
Help fund new features!