- H. Andrew Crockettabt 1747 - 1835
- W. Christina Baker (add)
m. est. 1780-1810
Facts and Events
Andrew Crockett was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Baptism at Tinkling Spring
Andrew Crockett is listed in the Tinkling Spring List of Baptisms on 16 September 1747 in Augusta County,
Early Records in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
From Rootsweb.com post:
- 1770, January 9 (Mecklenburg Co, NC, 7, 265-266): John McKain of Mecklenburg Co, NC, to Andrew Crockett of Augusta Co, VA, for 90 pounds NC money, 140 acres on the west side of Six Mile Creek, adjoining James Potts, William Donolson, James Tate, Brice Millar. Witnessed by Archibald Crocket, John Rea, James Cochran. (Book 7, pp 265-266).
- On the same day, Archibald Crockett, Andrew Crockett, and Mary Crockett witnessed John McKain's sale of horses, cattle, and sheep to William King (Book 7, pp 266-267).
- On 14 May 1771, Andrew Crockett, of Mecklenburg Co, NC, bought 225 acres on Twelve Mile Creek from Hugh Barnett; witnessed by Archibald Crockett, John Wilson, and John McKain (Book 5, pp 316-317).
- Andrew Crockatt picked up SC memorials on 19 Sept 1777 for himself, John McKeen/McCane, and William King. All four were dated 29 March 1776. Memorials were registrations of land titles in SC made for tax purposes. He may have traveled to Charleston to file the documents for himself and others. The William King and John McCane memorial related to 1753 grants by NC which lands are now in SC.
- Andrew probably moved to Tennessee after the Revolutionary War.
- On 1830 census in 80-89 bracket; i. e., born 1740s.
- He made a will in Sullivan Co, TN, dated 26 July 1830.
- Andrew had children by both wives.
Help fund new features!