- Andrew Bird, Sr.1702 - bef 1750/51
Facts and Events
||Andrew Bird, Sr.
||Raritan, Somerset County, New Jersey
||Raritan, Somerset, New Jersey, USA
||Swedish, Chester, Pennsylvania, USAto Magdalena Jones
||Swedish Colony, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvaniato Magdalena Jones
||bef. 27 Feb 1750/51
||Smith Creek, Augusta, Virginia, USA[date of bond to administer estate by wife and son, Andrew]
||Byrd Cemetery, Smith Creek, Rockingham County, Virginia
Andrew Bird was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - ORIGINAL PETITIONS AND PAPERS FILED IN THE COUNTY COURT. 1750. - Magdalene Bird, widow of Andrew Bird, and his eldest son, Andrew Bird, petition to administer.
- Page 283.--27th February, 1750-51. Magdalene and Andrew Bird's bond as administrators of Andrew Bird, with sureties John Dobikin, Samuel Newman.
- Vol. 1 - 1751-1752 - Petition of Andrew and Magdalene Bird, administrators of Andrew Bird. James Porteus was their attorney, but now deceased, 1751.
- Page 361.--20th April, 1751. Andrew Bird's appraisement, by Wm. White, Wm. Carrol, John Ruddle.
Records of Andrew Bird in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (unless otherwise listed)]]
- Witness for Baptism: Moor, Jacob - b. Dec., 1734; bap. June 8, 1737. Testes: Andrew Bird. [Source: Stoever, John Casper, and Elizabeth P. (Elizabeth Petty) Bentley. Early Lutheran baptisms and marriages in southeastern Pennsylvania: the records of Rev. John Casper Stoever from 1730 to 1779, pg. 12].
- Vol. 2 - Muster List of 1742 - Capt. Peter Shoull's List: Peter Shoull, Captain; And. Burd, Lieutenant; Math. Skeens, Ensign; Abram Harden, John Hill, Johnath Burley, John Harison, Georg. Clemens, Wm. Halimes, Zebulun Harrison, Jno. Davis, Jno. Taylor, Joseph Burley, William White, Isaac Lotos, Wm. Sherral, Valante Severe, John Cumberland, Jacob Jacobs, Thos. Moor, Stephanes Haveworth, Jas. Haveworth, John Beeson, Steph. Howard, Absolom Howard, Joseph Howard, John Benson, Benj. Hames (Haines), John Harrison, Thos. Lowker, Griffiths Thomas, John White, Adam Sherral, Rob. Caldwal, John Miller, Will Brizes (Briges), Wm. Carrel, John Hodg, Absolom Haveworth, John Haveworth.
- Page 176.---26th July, 1749. John Ruddle, Jr.'s (of Smith's Creek), will--Yeoman; father, John Ruddle, Sr.; mother, Mary Ruddle; brothers, Archibald and Stephen Ruddle, and brothers and sisters. Robert Wilson to share with brothers and sisters. Executor, father John. Teste: Andrew Bird, Andrew Bird, Jr., Edward Ryan. 22d August, 1749. proved by Andrew Bird, Sr., and Edward Ryan.
- Vol. 2 - APRIL, 1805 (R to Z). - Woodley vs. March--Writ right. John Woodly and Thomas Lokey vs. Sebastian and Henry March. Deposition Jacob Woodley, 13th November, 1802, aged 81 years, father to John; he has lived near the land since he was 21. He was first shown the land by Andrew Bird, grandfather of the Andrew now living in Rockingham. This was 8 or 9 years after Jacob came to live here. Ditto of Philip Koontz, aged 50 years, has known the land 26 or 27 years. Ditto James Loker, aged 62, Quaker; first knew the line 24 years ago. Ditto Lewis Zirkle, aged 62 years or 63 years; has lived near the land 35 years. Patent by Gooch, 12th January, 1746, to Val. Sevear for importation of John and Mary Morgan. Jno. and Margaret Coleman, Richard Scales and Jno. Wheeler, 400 acres on Smith's Creek, Absolom Hayworth's line. Patent by Wood, 2d April, 1799, to John Woodley and Thos. Lokey, 36 acres on Smith's Creek in Rockingham.
Information on Andrew Bird
Andrew Bird Sr.
Birth: About 1695 in Raritan, Somerset County, New Jersey
Death: 27 Feb 1750 in South Creek, Shenandoah County, Virginia
Burial: Mar 1750 Byrd Cemetery, Smith Creek, Rockingham County, Virginia
Military Service: 1742
Changed: 25 Sep 2005 13:04
Spouses & Children
Magdalene Jonasson (Wife) b. About 1695 in New Sweden, Tinicum Island, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: 1723 in Swedish Colony, Philadelphia County (Now Amity Township, Berks County), Pennsylvania 25 Sep 2005
- Ingeborg Bird b. 1725 in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Mary Bird b. 1727 in Shenandoah County, Virginia
- Mounce Bird b. 1728 in Nottingham, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Andrew Bird II b. 1729 in Rockingham County, Virginia
- John L. Bird b. 1729 in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Abraham Bird b. 1731 in Shenandoah County, Virginia
- Rebecca Bird b. 6 Jul 1732 in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Moses Bird b. About 1734 in Shenandoah County, Virginia
- Elizabeth Bird b. 2 Jan 1737 in Smith Creek, Craney Island, Shenandoah County, Virginia
- Amos Bird Sr. b. 1739 in Shenandoah County, Virginia
- Magdalena Bird b. 1740 in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Jessie Bird b. About 1743 in Shenandoah County, Virginia
"The families of John RUDDELL and Andrew BIRD were neighbors in Augusta Co., VA., and witnessed each others' documents. Mounce BIRD married Clara RUDDELL, John RUDDELL's daughter; and John named them in his will. It is probable that John RUDDELL's sons, Cornelius, Stephen and George married respectively, Ingabo, Mary, and Magdelene BIRD, daughters of Andrew, and that Andrew BIRD's son, Amos BIRD married Sarah RUDDELL, dau. of John. Andrew BIRD, according to Wayland, was son of Abraham BIRD of Calvert Co., Md., and was not related to the prominent William BYRD family of Virginia. The Rev. Twyman WILLIAMS, late of Hampden-Sydney, a descendant of Andrew BIRD, did considerable research on the family and planned to publish a BIRD genealogy, but died before he accomplished that. I understand that he furnished the BIRD data for Wayland's HISTORY OF SHENANDOAH COUNTY .
The above records have him as son of Abraham Bird and Cornelia Cooke. . Abraham was his brother.
I believe most evidence has him as son of these parents, Andrew Thomas Bird & Mary Ewing.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ancestry.com. OneWorldTree (2). (Name: The Generations Network, Inc.; Location: Provo, UT, USA;), Database online.
Record for John Bird _FOOT: Ancestry.com, OneWorldTree (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc.), Database online.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ancestry.com. OneWorldTree (2). (Name: The Generations Network, Inc.; Location: Provo, UT, USA;), Database online.
Record for Andrew Bird _FOOT: Ancestry.com, OneWorldTree (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc.), Database online.
- Lee Martin.
3575 Edwards Road S, Greenwich, Ohio, United States, 44837, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, 419-752-6847