d.AFT 6 APR 1877
Facts and Events
His memorial on FindAGrave.com lists his birth as 2 February 1823 and his death as 5 October 1886. However, there is no photo of the tombstone or other corroborating evidence. These dates should be verified.
Civil War Service
- Application 233020; Certificate 266252
- Widow's Pension: Application 351779, Certificate 236508
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ Bowman, Tom. Jackson County, Ohio military veteran burials from the Revolutionary War to 1984. (Wellston, Ohio: T.W. Bowman, c1987).
- ↑ Hixon, Mary J, and Frances Welch Hixon. Cemetery inscriptions of Jackson County, Ohio. (Baltimore [Maryland]: Gateway Press, c1982), I:206.
- ↑ Date of death based upon date of Invalid Pension application; date of Widow's Pension application not listed
Help fund new features!