Alice FitzAlan, Baroness Cherleton
d.bef 13 Oct 1415
Facts and Events
||Alice FitzAlan, Baroness Cherleton
||Arundel, Sussex, England
||BEF MAR 1389/90
||to John of Powys, 4th Baron de Cherleton
||Westminster,,Middlesex,Englandto Cardinal Henry , de Beaufort
||bef 13 Oct 1415
||11 Apr 1447
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Alice FitzAlan, Lady Cherleton (1378–1415) was an English noblewoman, being the daughter of Richard FitzAlan, 11th Earl of Arundel. She was the wife of John Charleton, 4th Baron Cherleton. She was also allegedly the mistress of Cardinal Henry Beaufort, by whom she had an illegitimate daughter, Jane Beaufort, though there is no real evidence to support this.
- ↑ Weis, Frederick Lewis; Walter Lee Sheppard; and David Faris. Ancestral roots of certain American colonists, who came to America before 1700: the lineage of Alfred the Great, Charlemagne, Malcolm of Scotland, Robert the Strong, and some of their descendants. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Pub. Co., 7th Edition c1992), p. 196 line 234:31, Primary quality.
- ↑ Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), vol. 14 p. 39 [ARUNDEL], Primary quality.
- Richardson, Douglas. Plantagenet ancestry : a study in colonial and medieval families. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co Inc, c2004), p. 145 FITZ ALAN:12.i, p. 291 POOLE:8, Primary quality.
- Alice FitzAlan, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Alice FitzAlan (1378–1415), in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- ALICE, in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.