Facts and Events
||Alfred Sanford McKinsey
||7 Dec 1813
||Indiana, United States
||Clinton, Indiana, United StatesPaid for Election Returns
||7 Mar 1839
||Boone, Indiana, United Statesto Sarah Ann Reese
||Clinton, Indiana, United States
||Clinton, Indiana, United Statesassessed for taxes
||Clinton, Indiana, United Statesnamed in father-in-law's probate
||Calaveras, Calaveras County, California, USA
||California, United States
||Clinton, Indiana, United Stateswidow and children named in father-in-law's probate
- ↑ First Book of Commissioner’s Orders, Clinton County, Indiana 1830-1841. Copied and Indexed by Helen Grove. TS, nd. Frankfort Community Public Library, Frankfurt, Indiana; GEN 977.255 GRO, p. 34, Secondary quality.
– 07 
#1480 - $0.75 Alfred McKinsey Ret. Election 1838
- ↑ Clinton County, Indiana Duplicate Tax Record, 1843-1844. Frankfort Community Public Library, Frankfurt, Indiana, Jackson Township, Primary quality.
Alfred McKinsey, no real property, owed 50¢ state, 50¢ county taxes, owed delinquent taxes, none could be collected
- ↑ Clinton County, Indiana; FHL #0007722, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 744, line 14, Primary quality.
Alfred McKinsey, 2 males 20-30 [Alfred, ?]; 1 female under 5 [?], 1 female 20-30 [Sarah]; 1 in agriculture
- ↑ Complete Probate Record, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Marriage records, 1831-1951. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983, 1994), Vol. A, p. 385; FHL Film #1320335, Primary quality.
on the 24th day of March 1849 said administrator by Angle and Dougherty his attorneys . . . . Your petitioner further represents that said Joseph Reese died leaving the following children his heirs at law him surviving To wit . . . Sarah who has intermarried with one Alfred McKinzy, . . . .
And thereupon writs of summon were duly issued by said Clerk upon the suggestion of said Petitioner, to the Sheriffs of Boone, Marion, Johnson and Shelby counties, for said defendants to appear at the next term of said Court thereafter and answer said Petition – which said writs were all duly returned endorsed thus – (The one from Boone) We the undersigned part of the witnin named defendants do hereby acknowledge service of the within writ the 24th day of March 1849. Signed Sarah McKinsey By A. McKinsey Alfred McKinsey, Jonathan Goff, Matilda Goff By J Goff, Robert C. Dunn, Jan Dunn By R. Dunn, William Reese
- ↑ Probate Order Book, in Indiana, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Marriage records, 1831-1951. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983, 1994), Volume C; FHL #320127, Primary quality.
May term 1849
James S. Hamilton admr Deb. non
William Reese, Cornelius McDermot & Martha his wife, Jonathan Goff & Matilda his wife, Alfred McKinzie & wife, Robert C. Dunn & Jane his wife, Granville Reese, Joseph Reese, Cristena Reese, Benjamin Reese, Lydia E. McDermot, Sarah A. McDermot & Mary J his wife, Mary Jane Reese
Petition on final settlement to ascertain advancements to defts
Comes now the said James S. Hamilton administrator deboris non of said Estate, . . . . and the following of said defendants appear and answer said petition to wit . . . Alfred McKinzey and Sarah his wife, . . . . And it appearing to the court now here from the proofs and allegations that said defendants are heirs at law of said Joseph Reese deceased and it also further appearing to the court from the evidence adduced upon the examination of witnesses that said Cornelius McDermot, Edward McDermot, Jonathan Goff, Alfred McKinsey and Robert C. Dunn had each received by way of advancement in the lifetime of said decd the sum of one hundred and seventeen dollars ($117.00). . . .
p. 273, Augt 14th, 2nd day, August Term 1849
In the Matter of the Estate of Joseph Reese decd
on final settlement
Comes now Jas S. Hamilton admr Deb. non of the Estate of said Dec'd and files receipts from the following heirs of said decd for their Distributive Share's in said Estate To wit
One [receipt] from Alfred McKinzie & wife for 54.12
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Calaveras District, Calaveras County, California, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 1583, Fam 1583, Primary quality.
Alfred McKinsey, 37, male, merchant, [no Real Estate], b. Indiana
James Dunn, 39, male, merchant, [no Real Estate], b. Kentucky
J. R. Dunn, 29, male, merchant, [no Real Estate], b. Kentucky
Robt. C. Dunn, 27, male, merchant, [no Real Estate], b. Kentucky
- ↑ Alfred McKinsey Guardianship, in McKinsey Family Probate, Primary quality.
Alfred McKinsey Deceased, . . . died in the State of California sometime in December 1852 leaving some seven hundred dollars in money, but no part has ever been received and the probability is that it never can be collected
- ↑ Ancestral file : Original submission sheets, Submission AF83-082977-050; FHL Film #1394343, Secondary quality.
Alfred Sanford McKinsey, b. 7 Dec. 1813, 5th child of [unreadable] McKinsey (d. 7 Feb 1853, bur. Antioch, Clinton, IN, Buntin (?) Cem., father = George McKinsey) and Catherine Reagan (dau. of [Benson] Reagan]
Sources: 1790 Census, Newberry Co., SC; Annals of Newberry Co., SC, pp. 79-80; 1850 IN State Census; Tombstones; History of Clinton Co., IN, pub. by Interstate Pub. Co., Chicago 1886; Land Records of Clinton Co.; Correspondence with Mrs. Michael J. Barry, descendant of Mordecai & Mary McKinsey [oldest brother and youngest sister of Alfred]; may also be connections to Warren Co., OH, Montgomery Co., IN
- ↑ McKinsey Family Probate, Primary quality.