Facts and Events
From Genealogical gleanings of Siggins, and other Pennsylvania families: a volume of history, biography and colonial, revolutionary, civil and other war records including names of many other Warren County pioneers, byr Mrs. Martha (Humphreys) Maltby, pg. 563-565:
- ALEXANDER WALKER, b. Dec. 15, 1779; son of James and Margaret (Gray) Walker; grandson of Alexander and Jane (Hummer) Walker; gr. grandson of John and Catherine (Rutherford) Walker; gr. gr. grandson of John and Jane (McKnight) Walker.
- Alexander Walker, was raised in Woodford County, Ky., as was also his wife Elizabeth Scott; soon after their marriage moved to Adair County, Ky., where they owned a farm of 300 acres and raised a great deal of tobacco.
- Elizabeth (Scott) Walker, was the third child of Samuel and Martha (McCorkle) Scott, who were married and lived in Virginia; they moved to Kentucky in August 1796, encountering many privations on the way. At one time they were attacked by the Indians and several of their party were killed; Mrs. McClure was traveling with them and her young children were slain; one young girl was tomahawked, scalped and left for dead, but Martha Scott found and cared for her, insisting on carrying her back to the Fort, where she eventually recovered.
- The children of Alexander and Elizabeth (Scott) Walker were:
- 1972. i. JAMES Walker18, b. December 13, 1804; d. from lockjaw Feb. 1, 1829, in Illinois; m. about 1828, Mary Nelson.
- 1973.* ii. SAMUEL Scott Walker18, b. Jan. 30, 1807; d. Jan 22, 1892, in Florida; m. Jan. 24, 1832, Sarah Ann Allen, b. Oct. 25, 1810—d. Nov. 1882, Cowley Co., Kans.
- 1974. hi. EDMOND Walker'8, b. Dec. 28, 1811; m. Mary Ann Shirley, 9 children.
- 1975. iv. HARRISON Perry Walker18, b. March 1, 1814; never married; served in the 13th Kentucky Reg. U. S. A.; a farmer and blacksmith; d. July 11, 1879.
- 1976. v. GREENVILLE Walker18, b. Dec. 22, 1815; m. Sarah Ann Lansdale; lived and died at West Point, Ky.; killed by falling from a tree. Had several children.
- 1977. vi. LOUIS F. Walker18, m. Elizabeth F. Nelson. Had eight children.
- 1978.* vii. MARGARET Ann Walker18, m. Alexander Hindman. Had eight children.
- 1979. viii ELZY Creel Walker18, b. Oct. 12, 1822; d. Aug. 28, 1854; served in the Mexican War.
- 1980. ix. MARTHA Jane Walker18, m. John W. Shirley. Had six children.
- 1981. x. ELIZABETH M. Walker18, m. Noah Wilcox. Had six children.
- 1982. xi. POLLY Walker18, b. Aug. 20, 1831; m. Joseph M. Craig, in Adair County, Ky.; d. March 22, 1855. Had one child who died young.
Help fund new features!