Facts and Events
There are 15 vital records available on MyHeritage for Alexander Walker, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Alexander Walker
From Genealogical gleanings of Siggins, and other Pennsylvania families: a volume of history, biography and colonial, revolutionary, civil and other war records including names of many other Warren County pioneers, byr Mrs. Martha (Humphreys) Maltby, pg. 563-565:
- ALEXANDER WALKER, b. Dec. 15, 1779; son of James and Margaret (Gray) Walker; grandson of Alexander and Jane (Hummer) Walker; gr. grandson of John and Catherine (Rutherford) Walker; gr. gr. grandson of John and Jane (McKnight) Walker.
- Alexander Walker, was raised in Woodford County, Ky., as was also his wife Elizabeth Scott; soon after their marriage moved to Adair County, Ky., where they owned a farm of 300 acres and raised a great deal of tobacco.
- Elizabeth (Scott) Walker, was the third child of Samuel and Martha (McCorkle) Scott, who were married and lived in Virginia; they moved to Kentucky in August 1796, encountering many privations on the way. At one time they were attacked by the Indians and several of their party were killed; Mrs. McClure was traveling with them and her young children were slain; one young girl was tomahawked, scalped and left for dead, but Martha Scott found and cared for her, insisting on carrying her back to the Fort, where she eventually recovered.
- The children of Alexander and Elizabeth (Scott) Walker were:
- 1972. i. JAMES Walker18, b. December 13, 1804; d. from lockjaw Feb. 1, 1829, in Illinois; m. about 1828, Mary Nelson.
- 1973.* ii. SAMUEL Scott Walker18, b. Jan. 30, 1807; d. Jan 22, 1892, in Florida; m. Jan. 24, 1832, Sarah Ann Allen, b. Oct. 25, 1810—d. Nov. 1882, Cowley Co., Kans.
- 1974. hi. EDMOND Walker'8, b. Dec. 28, 1811; m. Mary Ann Shirley, 9 children.
- 1975. iv. HARRISON Perry Walker18, b. March 1, 1814; never married; served in the 13th Kentucky Reg. U. S. A.; a farmer and blacksmith; d. July 11, 1879.
- 1976. v. GREENVILLE Walker18, b. Dec. 22, 1815; m. Sarah Ann Lansdale; lived and died at West Point, Ky.; killed by falling from a tree. Had several children.
- 1977. vi. LOUIS F. Walker18, m. Elizabeth F. Nelson. Had eight children.
- 1978.* vii. MARGARET Ann Walker18, m. Alexander Hindman. Had eight children.
- 1979. viii ELZY Creel Walker18, b. Oct. 12, 1822; d. Aug. 28, 1854; served in the Mexican War.
- 1980. ix. MARTHA Jane Walker18, m. John W. Shirley. Had six children.
- 1981. x. ELIZABETH M. Walker18, m. Noah Wilcox. Had six children.
- 1982. xi. POLLY Walker18, b. Aug. 20, 1831; m. Joseph M. Craig, in Adair County, Ky.; d. March 22, 1855. Had one child who died young.