Facts and Events
||to Mary Edmiston
There is 1 vital record available on MyHeritage for Alexander Kirk, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Alexander Kirk
Alexander Kirk was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 231.--__ _____, 1767. James Kirk and Agness to Alexander Kirk, their son, £20, 200 acres, part of 400 acres patented to James Bell 12th January, 1746, on a small fork of Jennings' Branch. Delivered: Alexander Kirk, March, 1774. (Note: this record appears to be in error. James Kirk Sr.'s wife in 1767 was "Jean", not "Agnes").
- Page 245.--21st May, 1771. James Kirk and Jean ( ) to his son Alexander Kirk, £40, 185 acres, part of 400 acres where said Kirk now lives. Delivered: Alex. Kirk, March Court, 1774. (Note: this appears to be a correction to the previous conveyance in 1767).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 241.--20th May, 1771. Alexander Kirk to his father James Kirk, £20, 200 acres, part of 400 acres which James formerly conveyed to Alexander Kirk. Delivered: Alexander Kirk, March Court, 1774.
Records of Alexander Kirk in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 400.--22d November, 1775. Recorded. John Potter's appraisement by John Kirk, Alex. Kirk, John Beard--"For Sogering mony under Capt. Moffett, £6.7.6."
- Page 374.--15th August, 1776. Robert McKittrick's bond (with Alex. Kirk) as administrator of John Potter.
- Page 250.--24th April, 1780. Robert Armstrong and Jane to Benjamin Tolman, 145 acres patented to Robert, 12th May, 1759, comer James Kerk; 240 acres patented to Robert 8th July, 1752. Teste: John and Alex. Kirk, Casper Ekert.
- Page 213.--28th June, 1790. Mathew Edmiston's will, farmer--To son, James; to son, William; to son, David; to grandson, Mathew Kirk; to daughter, Mary Kirk; to granddaughter, Margaret Jones; to grandson, Matha Edmonson, Maagill; to daughter. Ann Jones; to daughter, Jean Magill. Executors, sons James and William Edmiston. Teste: David McNair, John Kirk, Jean Kirk. Proved, January Court, 1796, by McNair and Jno. Kirk. (Note: Alexander Kirk married Matthew Edmison's daughter Mary).