Facts and Events
||to Mary Edmiston
Alexander Kirk was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 231.--__ _____, 1767. James Kirk and Agness to Alexander Kirk, their son, £20, 200 acres, part of 400 acres patented to James Bell 12th January, 1746, on a small fork of Jennings' Branch. Delivered: Alexander Kirk, March, 1774. (Note: this record appears to be in error. James Kirk Sr.'s wife in 1767 was "Jean", not "Agnes").
- Page 245.--21st May, 1771. James Kirk and Jean ( ) to his son Alexander Kirk, £40, 185 acres, part of 400 acres where said Kirk now lives. Delivered: Alex. Kirk, March Court, 1774. (Note: this appears to be a correction to the previous conveyance in 1767).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 241.--20th May, 1771. Alexander Kirk to his father James Kirk, £20, 200 acres, part of 400 acres which James formerly conveyed to Alexander Kirk. Delivered: Alexander Kirk, March Court, 1774.
Records of Alexander Kirk in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 400.--22d November, 1775. Recorded. John Potter's appraisement by John Kirk, Alex. Kirk, John Beard--"For Sogering mony under Capt. Moffett, £6.7.6."
- Page 374.--15th August, 1776. Robert McKittrick's bond (with Alex. Kirk) as administrator of John Potter.
- Page 250.--24th April, 1780. Robert Armstrong and Jane to Benjamin Tolman, 145 acres patented to Robert, 12th May, 1759, comer James Kerk; 240 acres patented to Robert 8th July, 1752. Teste: John and Alex. Kirk, Casper Ekert.
- Page 213.--28th June, 1790. Mathew Edmiston's will, farmer--To son, James; to son, William; to son, David; to grandson, Mathew Kirk; to daughter, Mary Kirk; to granddaughter, Margaret Jones; to grandson, Matha Edmonson, Maagill; to daughter. Ann Jones; to daughter, Jean Magill. Executors, sons James and William Edmiston. Teste: David McNair, John Kirk, Jean Kirk. Proved, January Court, 1796, by McNair and Jno. Kirk. (Note: Alexander Kirk married Matthew Edmison's daughter Mary).
Help fund new features!