Facts and Events
Alexander Gillespie was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Alexander Gillespie in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 82.--21st November, 1754. Archibald Boreland's accounts as administrator, vs. estate of Wm. Jackson--Paid Andrew Dunlap, John Harden, Robt. Duffels, Archd. Elliot, Wm. Davis, Alex. Wright, Alex. McAllroy, Michl. Harper, Jno. Carolile, Samuel McAlvery, Jno. Graham, Joseph Mays, Samuel Ferguson, Wm. Elliott, Stephen Wilson, Alex. Gillespy, Naphtalin Gregory, Jno. Warwick, John Crockett, Charles Dunlap, Geo. Lewis, Thos. Bryan, Nathan Patterson, James Boreland, Wm. Hamilton, James Brown, James Lockridge, John Williamson, David Stanley; cash paid James Armstrong; 7 gallons whiskey for 2d vendue; to Jinney Boreland's account proved.
- Page 237.--16th March, 1758. Alexander Gilespy's bond (with Jas. Lockhart Geo. Moffett) as administrator of Mathias Teter.
- Page 281.--15th November, 1758. John Hamilton's bond (with Samuel Young, Alex. Galespy) as administrator of John Gay.
- Page 289.--7th March, 1759. John Gay's appraisement, by Alex. Galespy, Hugh Young, Samuel Young.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1762. - Peter Elphinstone vs. Alexr. Gillaspy.--1761. To sundries at Reed Creek, Stalnahee and Long Island.
- Page 193.--16th November, 1762. Naphtalum Gregory's appraisement, by Alex. Galespy, Jno. Warwick, Jas. Hamilton. Recorded. Some histories and other books.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 21, 1780. - (190) Alexander Gillespy allowed land for services as armourer and blacksmith in First Virginia Regiment, commanded by Colonel Byrd.
Help fund new features!