Albrecht VII , Erzherzog von Österreich
b.15 Nov 1559
m. 13 Sep 1548
- Anna , Queen of Spain1549 - 1580
- Ferdinand , of Austria, Archduke1551 - 1552
- Rudolf II , Holy Roman Emperor1552 - 1612
- Ernest , of Austria, Archduke1553 - 1595
- Elisabeth , Queen of France1554 - 1592
- Marie , of Austria, Archduchess1555 - 1556
- Matthias , Holy Roman Emperor1557 - 1619
- Maximilian III , Archduke of Austria1558 - 1618
- Albrecht VII , Erzherzog von Österreich1559 - 1621
- Wenceslaus , of Austria, Archduke1561 - 1578
- Frederick , of Austria, Archduke1562 - 1563
- Marie , of Austria, Archduchess1564 - 1566
- Charles , of Austria, Archduke1565 - 1566
- Margaret , Sister of the Cross1567 - 1633
- Eleanor , of Austria, Archduchess1568 - 1580
Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Albert VII, Archduke of Austria, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Albert VII (13 November 1559 – 13 July 1621) was the ruling Archduke of Austria for a few months in 1619 and, jointly with his wife, Isabella Clara Eugenia, sovereign of the Habsburg Netherlands between 1598 and 1621. Prior to this, he had been a cardinal, archbishop of Toledo, viceroy of Portugal and Governor General of the Habsburg Netherlands. He succeeded his brother Matthias as reigning archduke of Lower and Upper Austria, but abdicated in favor of Ferdinand II the same year, making it the shortest (and often ignored) reign in Austrian history.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Brunner, Otto,„Albrecht VII.“, in Neue Deutsche Biographie. (Berlin: Duncker und Humblot, c1953-), 1 (1953), S. 170 .
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wurzbach, Constantin. Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich: enthaltend die Lebenskizzen der denkwürdigen Personen, welche 1750 bis 1850 im Kaiserstaate und in Kronländer gelebt haben. (Wien: K.K. Hof- und Staatsdruckerei, 1856-1891), 6:143.