Facts and Events
- Weis, Frederick Lewis; William R. Beall; and Walter Lee Sheppard. The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: the barons named in the Magna Charta, 1215, and some of their descendants who settled in America during the early colonial years. (Baltimore [Maryland]: Genealogical Pub. Co., c1999), 153-1, 154-1.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis; Walter Lee Sheppard; and David Faris. Ancestral roots of certain American colonists, who came to America before 1700: the lineage of Alfred the Great, Charlemagne, Malcolm of Scotland, Robert the Strong, and some of their descendants. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Pub. Co., 7th Edition c1992), 246b-24.
There seems to be a serious error in line 246b-24 of Ancestral Roots, which has this Adeliza marrying Robert de Condet d. 1141, after her marriage to Gilbert Fitz Richard. This does not agree with any other lines, which have Robert de Condet's wife as Adeliza dau. of Ranulph le Meschin, Earl of Chester. The error in generation 24 is shown in the next generation of this line (246b-25) which has Adeliza dau. of Ranulph marrying first Richard Fitz Gilbert and then Robert de Condet. I believe this (generation 25) is correct.
- Newsgroup: soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com (2), Adrian Channing, 4 Nov 1999.
- Roberts, Gary Boyd. Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants. (Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, 2004), p. 548.
- Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), Vol. 3, p.243.
- ↑ Adeliza de Clermont, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- ADELISA de Clermont, in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.