Facts and Events
Information on Adam Wayland
Adam Wayland was in French and Indian War of 1758 and was commissioned as an ensign in the Culpeper militia on 15 Sep 1763. He was active in the Hebron Church. Jane Crouch, a descendant states that there was a rift between the children of the firs twife and the children of the second. He wrote his will before his first wife died and did not change it to reflect new situation.
From Germanna History Notes:
- Elizabeth Blankenbaker:
- Born in Virginia as she is not on Spotswood's list;
- Married Adam Wayland as his first wife;
- Died after 16 May 1775 and before 7 Apr 1776, when Adam was married to Mary Finks.
- 4. Elizabeth, b. ca 1746/50, m. Morton Christopher;
- 5. John, b. ca 1750/52, m. Rosina Willheit;
- 6. Mary, b. ca 1753/55, m., <1775, Godfrey Yager;
- 7. Joshua, b. 1759, m. Rachel Utz;
- 8. Lewis, b. ca 1762, m. Elizabeth Link;
- 9. Anne, b. 1768/9, m. Nicholas Yager, she d. before 1790;
- [By his second wife, Adam had Adam and Hannah]
- ↑ OneWorldTreeSM.