Facts and Events
Adam Wall was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Adam Wall
- Page 345.--23d November, 1703 (s/b 1763). Adam Wall's will--To sister, Apell (Apol ?), Wall, 1/2 of his estate which is 150 acres on New River, her part joining on Strupel's Creek; to brother's son, John Wall; to eldest brother's son, Andrew Wall; to Jacob Nomel (?); to sister, Apell Wall, £20 in Adam Harman, Sr.'s hands, and also what is due from Wm. Ingles for beef. Teste: James Calloway, Thos. Ingles, Ezel Morris. Proved, 19th June, 1764, by James Calloway. Apple Wall qualifies administratrix, with Pat. McCollom, Andrew Evans. (Apple's mark ).
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1764. - (496) Will of Adam Wall proved by one witness (James Calloway) and to lie for further proof. No exr. being named, Apple Wall qualified administrator.
- Page 365.--10th August, 1764. Adam Wall's estate, appraised by Wm. Poage, George Salling, Nathaniel _____.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 203.--17th February, 1758. Colonel James Patton's estate; appraised by Thomas Stewart, John Ramsey, Edward Hall. List of bonds, bills, &c., due the estate: Adam Wall, 26th March, 1751. (Note: listed among many others).
- Page 237.-(17th August, 1769. The estate of Col. James Patton, Dr.)-- By cash from, viz (apparently in payment of piece of land belonging to Col. Patton's estate): Adam Wall. (Note: listed among many others, took place before Adam's death in 1764).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 .
Adam Wall came to America in 1738 on board the ship Winter Galley, landed in Philadelphia. We think Adam was born about 1717 and that he had a brother named Conrad, a brother named John, and a sister named Apfel (or Apple in English) who was also called Abigail by some researchers. Conrad Wall came first. The others probably came together. One researcher says that their father's name was Hans George Wahl, who died in Europe.
Adam Wall I as he is called, apparently was never married. When he died in Virginia in 1763, he left no descendants at all. There is no mention of a wife in his will.
Help fund new features!