Facts and Events
Adam Spindle was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 383.--20th October, 1789. Hermon Lovingood and Ann to Ardolph Spindle. Delivered: Philip and John Lovingood, two of the heirs of Ardolph, deceased, 27th November, 1826.
Records of Adam Spindle in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 20.--19th March, 1787. Adulf Spindle, claimant's bond to celebrate matrimony.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1787. - (336) Rev. Adolph Spindle. Dutch Lutheran, authorized to marry.
- Vol. 1 - PETITIONS, OCTOBER COURT, 1778. - 19th March, 1787. Adolph Spindle, Clergyman's bond (with Philip Engleman, Frederick Hanger) to celebrate matrimony.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1791--May 2, Adam Spindle and John Cowman, surety. Adam Spindle and Elizabeth Cowman, daughter of John Cowman.