Adam Jordan, of the Bullpasture
Facts and Events
||Adam Jordan, of the Bullpasture
There are 2 vital records available on MyHeritage for Adam Jordan, of the Bullpasture, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Adam Jordan, of the Bullpasture
Adam Jordan was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Processioning List of 1756
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settler’s lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Vol. 2 - Page 172.--1756: Processioned by Lofty Pullan and Richard Botkin, on Cowpasture and Bullpasture, viz: For Thomas Feemster, present Alex Black; for John Jackson; for Alex. Black, present James Knox; for Wallis Estill; for George Lewis; for Richard Boatkin, present Adam Jurden; for John McCreery.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:(unless otherwise listed)
- Vol. 2 - DELINQUENTS. 1755--List of Robert Breckinridge, Sheriff: Adam Jorden.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER, 1755. - Adam Jordan vs. Docherty.--Account 1756.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 15, 1757. - (364) Adam Jordan appointed Constable in Bull Pasture.
- 1757, Aug. 12 - Jordan, Adam - Receipt to William Preston for £1 9s being his pay prior to May 1, 1757. D.S. 1p. 6QQ78.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1758. - Samuel Ferguson vs. Adam and Sarah Jordan.--Slander. Adam Jordan and Sarah, his wife. Process executed by Samuel Mathews. Richard Botkin, bail. Part of the charge was that Ferguson was a runaway from Pennsylvania and from Ireland.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1758. - Samuel Ferguson vs. Adam Jordan and Sarah.--Sarah said Samuel was a thief and a wizard (meaning he had a secret, sinful, wicked and unlawful communication and correspondence with the devil.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 18, 1762. Page (208) John Hicklin appointed Constable, vice Adam Jordan.