Lt. Adam Hawpe
Facts and Events
Adam Hawpe was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Vol. 2 - 26th July, 1802--Catherine and Jno. Hawpe, administrators of Adam Hawp.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1794--November 18, Adam Hawp and Geo. Coiner, surety. Adam Hawp and Catharine Coiner, daughter of Geo. Koiner (German).
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1791--April 23, John Hawp and Pally Neizer (Mizer?), daughter of Adam Neizer (consent); witness, Adam Hawp; surety, Jacob Tieport (German).
- Marriage Record - Adam Hemp and Catherine Coiner, 27th November 1794. [Source: "First Marriage Record of Augusta County, Virginia 1785-1813", compiled by Col. Thomas Hughart Chapter, D.A.R., Augusta County, Virginia, pg. 23].
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER 20, 1796. - (67) Adam Hawpe, as Lieutenant in a Company of Infantry in 2d Battalion, 32d Regiment, vice Robert Rennick, who refuses.
- Vol. 1 - June 19, 1799.--John Burke's will: To wife; to daughter, Polly Huston four lots in Greenville; to daughter, Rachel Hoop, two lots in Greenville; to son John; to daughter Betsy Martain; to son Joseph--executor. Test: Adam Hawpe, James Shields, William Steele, Wm. H. Rayburn. 25th October, 1802. Proved by Rayburn.
- Page 299.--4th July, 1799. Thomas Steele's will--To wife, Jane; daughter, Rosanah; daughter, Sally; daughter, Catharine; daughter, Jane Moore; son, William; sons, William and Robert; to James Smith. Executors, wife Jane, son William. Teste: Adam Hawpe, Michael Appell, Godlieb Stone. Proved, 25th July, 1803. William qualifies.
- Page 369.--13th August, 1802. Rudolph Hawpe's will--To wife, Catharine; son Henry; to Mary Sights, Betsey Mummer, Susannah Coiner. Emanual Hawpe; to son, John; son, Adam Hawpe, deceased; to grandchildren, children of Adam, deceased, viz: Elizabeth, Rudolph, and George Hawpe; to daughter-in-law, Catherine, widow of Adam. Executors, sons Henry and John. Teste: Wm. Steele, Peter Halseman, Wm. Lyons. Proved, 25th June, 1804.
- Vol. 2 - John B. Christian vs. Lyons--O. S. 404; N. S. 147--Bill, 1821. In 1802 Adam Hawpo of Augusta died, intestate, leaving widow Catherine, now wife of _____ Lyons, and children, viz: Rudolph, George, Elizabeth, wife of James Williamson. Adam had brother John. Catherine was daughter of George A. Coiner.
Help fund new features!