Facts and Events
Adam Haverstock was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Adam Haverstock received a patent of 235 acres on Brock's Creek, corner Rees Thomas on 7th July 1763, (as listed in the disposition below):
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 424.--18th August, 1770. Adam ( ) Hovestick and Margrett to William Sampson, £80, on Brock's Creek; corner Rees Thomas, 235 acres patented to Adam 7th July, 1763. Delivered: George Hevener, 8th October, 1773.
- Page 130.--21st March, 1774. Adam Hoverstick, of Culpeper, to George Kersner, patent to Adam 7th July, 1763, and conveyed by him to William Samples 18th August, 1770, and William Samples to George Kersner 17th August, 1773. Adam was an alien and foreigner when he conveyed to William Samples and continued so until 16th March, 1774, when he was naturalized. Teste: John Dunbarr, Francis ( ) McBride, John Thomas, Benjamin Kinley.
Records of Adam Haverstock in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Page 190.--15th August, 1757: Orphan James Young bound to Adam Haverstick; Orphan Barbara Ott bound to Martin Witsell.
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents - 1766--Captain Smith's list: Adam Haverstie, twice charged.
- Page 530.--7th July, 1767. Conrad Lamb, farmer, and Catherine ( ) (Cathrina) to John Thomas, £150, in Brock's Gap, 212 acres conveyed to Conrod, 16th August, 1756, by executors of Benj. Borden, Jr., part of 800 acres patented to Benj. 1747. Teste: Adam ( ) Haverstick, Mathias House, Michael ( ) Ginder, George ( ) Ginder. Delivered to Jno. Dunbarr, November, 1769.
- Page 30.--14th August, 1769. Michael Hover and Barbara ( ) to Peter Pannenger (Pennenger), all parties of Frederick County, £25, 100 acres, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauck, 30th August, 1763, and by him conveyed to Michael on North Branch of Shannandore, corner Charles Long. Teste: Daniel Smith, Adam ( ) Hoverstick, Peter Churo. Delivered: Peter Panninger, 12th August, 1771.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 16, 1769. - (319) Following children of Francis Siver to be bound out: Francis Peter Siver, to Peter Churn, to learn cooper; Margaret Siver, to Adam Haverstick; Mary Siver, to Simon Nicholas.
- Page 406.--17th August, 1773. William Samples and Sarah ( ) to George Kersner, on Brock's Creek, 235 acres patented to Adam Hoverstick, 7th July, 1763. Teste: Henry Runyon, Obediah ( ) Muncy.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 16, 1774. - (312) Adam Hoverstick, naturalized.
Help fund new features!