Facts and Events
Adam Hance was one of the Early Settlers of Germanna Colony
Importation to Germanna Colony
Adam Hance, Susanna Hance, Margaret Hance and Catharina Hance are listed as being imported into Germanna Colony by Jacob Manspeil, as listed in Germanna records.
Will of Adam Hance
- Page 114. Will of Adam Hance of the County of Orange and St. Thomas. Parish, being sick and weak of body, dated 7 Sept. 1746.
- To my beloved daughter Susanna Tolse [?] on e cow and yearling in case she comes for it.
- My beloved wife Catharine Hance shall have the use of all my estate during her natural life and after to dispose of the same at her own discretion.
- My beloved wife Catharine Hance executrix.
- (signed) Adam (X) Hance
- Wit: John Walker, Patrick McNeill, Isabell (I M) Walker, Solomon Ryan.
- 25 June 1747. Presented into Court by Catharine Hance. Proved by John Walker and Solomon Ryon. On motion of Catherine certificate is granted her for obtaining probat with Solomon Ryan, John Manshpile and John Walker her securities.
From Rootsweb Message Board:
- Jacob Manspeil patented land in 1734 on Deep Run. Apparently he came as a bachelor for he paid for his land with eight headrights, his own, Jacob Broyle, Rose Paulitz, Susanna Hance, Peter Hance, Margaret Hance, Catherine Hance, and Adam Hance. This is a varied set which has no Manspiels except himself. If I were studying his history I would not forget these names. The surname Hance may be a bit of a challenge. A tentative village has been put forth for Manspeil but his identity is not certain.
- Source: http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GERMANNA_COLONIES/2000-02/0950793804
- ↑ International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).