m. abt. 1740
- Abraham Ingram1743-1750 - 1817
Facts and Events
Abraham Ingram was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 323.--13th June, 1789. Thomas Cartmill and Mary to Abraham Ingram, 358 acres by survey 13th June, 1780, on a east branch of Greenbrier, called Deer or Warrick's Creek, the mine bank; corner Jacob Gallaspie. Delivered: John Warrick, 4th September, 1797.
Records of Abraham Ingram in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - 1781-2. - Petition for road from Levi Moore's, on Nap Creek, to Back Creek and up the Back Creek from William Green's to Crab Bottom, on head of South Branch Potomac. George Hoff, Ebrthe. Browner, Isaac Gum, Ebraham Ingram, James Patton, Peter Robertson, John Robertson, Back Calleway, James Dunwoddy, William Dunwoddy, John Slavens, Ruben Slavens, William Slavens, Esiah Slavens, Bige Warrin, John Waid, Leonard Waids,John Denston, William Green, John Townsend, James Townsend, Hezekiah Stout, Ephram Bates, James McClaughlin.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County; 1786--February 22, Isaiah Slaven and Patty Steward; surety, Abraham Ingram.
- Page 327.--__ _____, 1789. Thomas ( ) Jarvis and Elizabeth to Jacob Gillespy, Deer or Warrick's Creek. Teste: Thos. Cartmill, Abraham ( ) Ingraham, David Moore.
- Vol. 2 - APRIL, 1802 (M to Z). - Messick vs. Ingram--1st September, 1801, Abraham Ingram and Elizabeth Ingram, of Bath County, are about to remove from the State of Virginia.
Information on Abraham Ingram
Abraham Ingram had land holdings in Jackson river area, Crab Apple Bottom, 1780-1786.(III) indicates number of Abrahams in his direct line.Father of 17 children.I have copy of his will, which only mentions a few children. Lyle Corder thinks his parents might be Abraham and Rhoda Collins, grandparents Abraham and Eleanor, grt grdpts James and Mary Askewe Ingram...Augusta co. tax list of 1788, 17 horse.III called himself Abe sr after his father died. Pb came to VA about the same time as the Slavens. Children info & spouses listed in book "Descedants of John Wilson, 1756-1827, by Barr Wilson". Some children's birthdates are estimates.
Skidmore book says he and his eldest sons Job, Thomas and Abraham jr were taxed in Bath co. in 1800. In 1801 tax list the same 4 men were listed as "removed".
Help fund new features!