Facts and Events
Records in Virginia
- 4 October 1763 - Abraham Hiestand had 300 acres surveyed at the upper end of Powell's Fort in VA, above the Massanutten Path, although Lord Fairfax rejected this claim. Apparently, he intended to purchase this land from David Clem. [Source: Page 130 of Hiestand Family of Page County, Virginia by David B. Trimble].
- November 1775 - Dunmore Co, VA Census Abram and Daniel Heaston and their households appeared on a Dunmore County, VA census. In Abram's household there was one white male over 16 and and three white males under 16.
- 26 March 1777 - Granted 300 VA Acres: Four days after Henry Hiestend's will was made out, Lord Fairfax granted Abraham Hiestand 300 acres, which adjoined his father's farm. He purchased it from David Clem. [Source: Page 130 of Hiestand Family of Page County, Virginia by David B. Trimble].
- 22 August 1783 - Abraham Hiestand sold his land to James Breeding for 115 pounds and moved, sometime not long after that, to Washington County, NC/TN. [Source: Page 130 of Hiestand Family of Page County, Virginia by David B. Trimble].
Records in Tennessee
- 25 September 1785 - Abraham Hiestand bought 123 acres on both sides of Cherokee Creek in Washington County, Tennessee from James Ray for 100 pounds (Ray's original grant of 10/24/1782). This land was adjacent to William Murphy. William Murphy, John Tipton, and Henry Reagan witnessed the deal. [Sources: Pages 66-68 of Washington County (NC/TN) Deeds, Volume 2, 1784-1792, TSLA microfilm #195. Page 130 of Hiestand Family of Page County, Virginia by David B. Trimble].
- 26 October 1786 - Abraham Histon received an additional 50 acres on the south side of Cherokee Creek (in Washington County, Tennessee) from the state of North Carolina for 25 shillings. This land had been entered by James Wray and was adjacent to William Murphy. [Sources: Pages 52-54 of Washington County (NC/TN) Deeds, Volume 5, 1790-1797, TSLA microfilm #196. Page 130 of Hiestand Family of Page County, Virginia by David B. Trimble].
- 1789/90 - Washington County Tax List: Abram Hasting owned 177 acres and was taxed for one white poll. Source: Page 80 of Volume 5 (2) of Tennessee Ancestors.
- 1791 - Washington Co, NC Tax List: A tax list for Captain North's Company in Washington County, NC (later TN) includes the names of Abraham Heslin, Junr, Samuel Hestain, and Abram Heeslin, Senr, who had 223 acres. [Source: Washington Co, TN microfilm roll #639 for 1778-1846 tax lists].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dan Masters. Heistand family information, Recipient: Kristina Kuhn Krumm, Author E-mail: DAM1941 at aol.com.
Help fund new features!