Facts and Events
Identity of Abraham Herr's Wife
Abraham Herr's 1st wife has been reported by some sources as "Anna Bare" (documentation apparently lacking), but some researchers have disputed her surname and have her listed as "Anna LNU" or "Anna Unknown".
Information on Abraham Herr
- From "Historic background and annals of the Swiss and German pioneer settlers of Southeastern Pennsylvania, and of their remote ancestors, from the middle of the Dark Ages, down to the time of the Revolutionary War", by Henry Frank Eschleman, pg. 193:
- According to Rupp, in his "Thirty Thousand Names," about 1712, additional tracts of land were bought by Pequea settlers. The settlers living in the Pequea Valley at that time (1712) he gives as follows: Johan Rudolph Budeli, Martin Kendig, Jacob Miiller, Hans Groff, Hans Herr, Martin Oberholz, Wendel Bauman, Martin Meylin, Samuel Gulden, John Rudolf, Daniel Herman, John George Trudberger, Hans Mayer, Hans Hagy, Christian Herchy, Hans Pupather, Heinrich Bar, Peter Lehman, Melcher Brennen, Heinrich Funck, Michael Schenck, Johannes "Landls, Alrich Honeneh, Emanuel Herr, Abraham Herr, Melchoir Erlsman, Michael Mfiiller and Christopher Schleagel.
- ↑ Herr, Theodore W. Genealogical record of Rev. Hans Herr and his direct lineal descendants. (Lancaster, Pa.: T.W. Herr, 1990).
Family of ABRAHAM HERR (2) and ANNA .
9. Abraham, Manor, Pa., b. June 25, 1700; d. Sept. 5, 1785; m.
Anna Miller ; m. Fanny Martin, d. July 5, 1803.
10. Rudolph, Manor, Pa., b. 1701 ; d. 1775; m. Barbara Brubaker;
m. Ann .
11. Christian, Lancaster, Pa., b. 1720; d. 1822; m. Barbara .
12. John, Manor, Pa., d. 1796.
13. Barbara, Manor, Pa., m. David Martin.
14. Elizabeth, Manor, Pa., d. 1735; m. Jacob Bartzell.