m. abt. 1730
- Abraham Drake, III1730 - bef 1806
Facts and Events
Abraham Drake III was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - ORIGINAL PETITIONS AND PAPERS FILED IN THE COUNTY COURT., 1745-1748. - Thomas Grubbs, guardian of Abraham Drake, surety James McCoy. (Signed) Mchard.
- Vol. 1 - ORIGINAL PETITIONS AND PAPERS FILED IN THE COUNTY COURT., 1745-1748. (abt. 1747)- Abraham Drake, aged seventeen, prays administration of his father's estate (Abraham's), to be given to Thomas Grubbs.
- Page 19.--19th February, 1746-7. Thomas Grubbs qualifies guardian of Abraham Drake, orphan of Abraham Drake, with sureties Abraham Jobe, James McCoy.
- Page 21.--19th February, 1746-7. Thomas Grubbs qualifies administrator of Abraham Drake, with sureties as above.
- Vol. 1 - 1747. - ORIGINAL PETITIONS AND PAPERS FILED IN THE COUNTY COURT - Abraham Drake's hand as guardian of Abraham Drake, orphan of Abraham Drake, 22d May, 1741. Abraham Drake, Sr.'s, bond as administrator of Abraham Drake, 22d May, 1741. (Note: date listed is probably a transcription error and should be "1747", not 1741).
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 19, 1746/7. - (153) Abraham Drake chose Thomas Grubbs guardian. (153) Administration of Abraham Drake's estate committed to Thos. Grubbs, guardian of Abraham Drake, son of Abraham Drake. John Davis, Alexr. Mathews, Daniel Stover and George Leath, appraisers.
- Vol. 1 -MAY 21, 1747. - (196) On petition of Abraham Drake, Sr., Admr. of Abraham Drake, his decd. son granted him during minority of his grandson, Abraham Drake, Admn. to Grubs is revoked.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).
Help fund new features!