Facts and Events
||BET 1780 AND 1781
||to Alexander Andrews
Some sources claim that Agibail Guthrie's father was John Guthrie and Ann, but the following shows her as a daughter of James Guthrie:
From "Genealogy of the Parke family, nine generations from Arthur and Mary Parke, 1720-1920", by John P. Wallace:
- Martha Guthrie, (was the) daughter of James Guthrie, of Scotch-Irish Presbyterian ancestry, whose family was:
- 1. Adam Guthrie, who m. Mercy Irwin, of Nantmeal Township, Chester County, Pa., daughter of George and Jane Matlack Irwin.
- 2. John, died unmarried.
- 3. Ann, m, Gilkerson, of Chambersburg, Pa.
- 3. Mary, m. Murphy, of Virginia.
- 4. Jane, m. Samuel Martin.
- 5. Martha, b. 1746 ; m. Thomas Love ; she d. Dec. 29, 1825.
- 6. Abigail, b. 1726 (prob. 1756?) ; d. in 1843 ; m. Alexander Andres (Andrews) Sr., b. 1758; d. 1846.:Marjorie, m. Emmett; moved to Ohio about 1780.
- James Guthrie owned between 600 and 700 acres of land on both sides of the Octoraro Creek in the immediate vicinity of Andrews Bridge, which spans the creek.
Help fund new features!