Facts and Events
||BET 1780 AND 1781
||to Alexander Andrews
Some sources claim that Agibail Guthrie's father was John Guthrie and Ann, but the following shows her as a daughter of James Guthrie:
From "Genealogy of the Parke family, nine generations from Arthur and Mary Parke, 1720-1920", by John P. Wallace:
- Martha Guthrie, (was the) daughter of James Guthrie, of Scotch-Irish Presbyterian ancestry, whose family was:
- 1. Adam Guthrie, who m. Mercy Irwin, of Nantmeal Township, Chester County, Pa., daughter of George and Jane Matlack Irwin.
- 2. John, died unmarried.
- 3. Ann, m, Gilkerson, of Chambersburg, Pa.
- 3. Mary, m. Murphy, of Virginia.
- 4. Jane, m. Samuel Martin.
- 5. Martha, b. 1746 ; m. Thomas Love ; she d. Dec. 29, 1825.
- 6. Abigail, b. 1726 (prob. 1756?) ; d. in 1843 ; m. Alexander Andres (Andrews) Sr., b. 1758; d. 1846.:Marjorie, m. Emmett; moved to Ohio about 1780.
- James Guthrie owned between 600 and 700 acres of land on both sides of the Octoraro Creek in the immediate vicinity of Andrews Bridge, which spans the creek.