The following information was developed by User:Delijim
- Person:Patrick Campbell (11)
The following survey is listed in "Hume's Survey Book", as listed in Chalkley's:
- Bet. 15-17 May, 1738 - (35) Survey for Patt Campbell, beginning at a valley on ye South Side of South River, thence with the lines of ye pattint. Hammock's branch, Christy's Creek, Jno. Buchanan's line.
Patrick Campbell's land (Beverley Manor SW, 1,546 acres, 1738) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- Pages 109-111. 20-21 Feb. 1738 . William Beverley of Essex County, Gent. to Patrick Campbel of Augusta County. Lease and release; for ₤44.7.7 current money. 1,546 acres, part of the Mannor of Beverley in Augusta County... on the south side of the south river of Shenandoah, a corner of the pattent... (signed) W. Beverley. Wit: Henry Willis, Hen. Downs, John Lewis. 22 Feb. 1738 . Acknowledged by William Beverley, Gent. [Orange County Deed Book 3, pg. 8].
Acquistion of Land from Orange County, Virginia records:
- From William Beverley, 212 acres in "Beverley Manor", 21 Feb. 1738/9
Disposition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- Pg. 265-268. Indenture 25 Feb. 1745 between Patrick Campbell, County of Augusta, Yeoman, and William Seayers of Orange... deeds of lease and release... payment of ₤41.13.04... for 463 acres, 1 rod, 13 poles... being part of 1,546 acres in Augusta County conveyed to the said Patrick Campbell from William Beverley, Gent., as appears by a deed 20th and 21st Feb. 1738... (signed) Pat. Campbell (Seal). Witnesses: James Patton, D. Buckhannan, Jno. Smith, Joseph Walker. Recorded Orange County, 25 February 1745. [Orange County Deed Book 9, pg. 28].
- Pg. 268-270. Indenture 25 Feb. 1745 between Patrick Campbell of Augusta County and Charles Campbell of same... deeds of lease and release.. for amount of ₤15.. sells 504 acres (being part of 1,546 acres of land in Augusta Co. which were bought by Patrick Campbell from William Beverley, Gent., 20th and 21st Feb. 1738). (signed) Patr. Campbell (Seal). Witnesses: James Patton, D. Buckhannan, Jno. Smith, Joseph Walker. Recorded Orange County, 28 February 1745. [Orange County Deed Book 9, pg. 28].
Distribution of Land from Chalkley's: (Note: because this was one of the larger tracts in Beverley Manor, it was split up and sold in several portions)
- Page 171.--24th October, 1748. Wm. Sayers to John Pattison, weaver, part of 1,546 acres sold by Wm. Beverley to Patrick Campbell in 1738 and by him to Wm. Sayers in 1745. Patrick Campbell. On South Branch Shanandoah. Teste: Wm. Smith, Pat. Campbell, James Mitchell, Andrew Duncan. (Originally sold by Patrick Campbell to Wm. Sayers in 1745)
- Page 175.--24th October, 1748. Wm. Sayers to Andrew Duncan, part of 1,546 acres above. Wm. Beverley, Patrick Campbell. Beverley Manor. (Originally sold by Patrick Campbell to Wm. Sayers in 1745)
- Page 767.-(22nd or 23rd May, 1750)-John Patterson, weaver, to John Ward, yeoman, 231 acres in Beverley Manor, Wm. Bev, Patrick Campbell, Wm. Sayers, So. River. Part of 1546 acres conveyed by Beverky to Pat. Campbell, 1738, and this part sold by Pat to Wm. Sayers, 1745. Teste: John Piery and Jno. Peery, the same, Elizabeth, wife of John Patterson. Teste: James Kerr, Jno. O. Peery. (Originally sold by Patrick Campbell to Wm. Sayers in 1745)
- Augusta County, Virginia Deed Book 4, page 223. - Patrick Campbell, Sr., and Elizabeth, to Patrick Campbell, Jr., 212 acres. From Beverley to Patrick, Sr., 21st February, 1738; Wm. Thompson's line; Samuel Braford's and John Mitchel's lines; corner John Ward; corner Charles Campbell. Crossing Christian's Creek and South River. Teste: David Hay, Arthur Hamilton, 20 May, 1752.
- Page 436.--15th May, 1753. Andrew Duncan and Jane to John Wilson, cordwainer, 1753, 232 acres, part of 1546 acres sold by Beverley to Patrick Campbell in Beverley Manor, and 238 acres, 1 rood, sold by Campbell to Wm. Syers, and by Sayers to Andrew Duncan; on South River Shannando. Cor. Charles Campbell and John Ward, John Brownlee's line; Manor line.
- Page 308.—15th May. 1754. Patrick Campbell. Sr., and Elinor to son John Campbell. Patrick had purchased from Beverley 1,546 acres in Beverley Manor by deed 21st February, 1738. recorded in Orange; conveyance paternal love, good will and affection ; 270 acres of the 1,546 acres, corner Patrick Campbell, Jr., in Wm. Thompson's line; Charles Campbell's line.
- Page 475 - 20th May, 1777. Patrick Campbell and Agnes to John Burk, of Philadelphia, Penna., tract bought by Patrick Campbell, deceased, from Beverley 21st February, 1738 and deed recorded in Orange.
- Patrick Campbell was mentioned in several deeds in Orange County records between 1734-1744. [Orange County Virginia Deed Books 3-8].
- Petition of John Carr, 23 Aug. [1740, 1750?]. He has behaved himself true and faithful in the office of a constable during twelve months. His time being expired and he being very much afflicted with sickness, not capable to move abroad, intercedes your Worships may ease him and make choice of one of the undernamed persons: William Brown, Patrick Campbel, James Cathey. [Orange County Virginia Judgements, 1736, Dorman, pg. 103].
- Pages 294-96. John Hart. Inventory. Total valuation £34.11.6. Patt Campbell, Moses Thomson, Robart Coningham. 25 Nov. 1743. Returned by Silas Hart. [Orange County Virginia Will Book 1, 1735-1743, Dorman, pg. 55].
- Patrick Campbell was mentioned in the will of his son William Campbell, dated 18 Nov. 1744, proven 28 Feb. 1744 , as follows:
- Unto my father Patrick Campbell a learge nuetruall peacing mear, and the colt that now sucks said mear to my daughter Mary Anne. [Orange County Virginia Will Book 2, Dorman, pg. 7].
DEATH: 17 MAR 1767, Augusta Co. Virginia [S2680]
Father: John CAMPBELL
- Family 1: Elizabeth TAYLOR
- MARRIAGE: abt 1721, Ireland [S2687]
- Capt Charles CAMPBELL
- Griselda "Grisal" CAMPBELL
- John CAMPBELL
- +Patrick CAMPBELL Jr.
- Mary Elizabeth CAMPBELL
- William CAMPBELL
- Martha Campbell ?
- Jane Campbell ?
- Family 2: Elinor -------
- MARRIAGE: 1752/54 [S2680]
- Note: Some sources claim that Patrick's wife was Delilah Thompson, b. abt. 1690, Ireland. More research may be necessary to prove.
Family Group Record FamilySearch® Ancestral File™ v4.19
Patrick CAMPBELL (AFN:H0HX-S2)
Born: 1690 Place: , , Antrim, Ireland
Christened: 22 Feb 1739 Place: Land, Augusta, Co, VA
Died: Place: Of, Va, 5, Children
Father: John CAMPBELL (AFN:972S-SF)
Mother: Grace HAY (AFN:SVFM-DM)
Deliah THOMPSON (AFN:H0HX-T7)
Born: Abt 1690 Place: <, , Antrim, Ireland>
1. Sex Name
M Charles CAMPBELL (AFN:H0HX-QP)
Born: 1722 Place: Tin King Spring, Augusta, Virginia
Died: 1767 Place: Beverleys Manor, Agst, Virginia
2. Sex Name
M Patrick CAMPBELL (AFN:PZ7Q-B6)
Born: Abt 1724 Place: Tinkling Spring, Augusta, Virginia
3. Sex Name
F June CAMPBELL (AFN:PZ7Q-CC)
Born: Abt 1726 Place: Tinkling Spring, Augusta, Virginia
4. Sex Name
M William CAMPBELL (AFN:PZ7Q-91)
Born: Abt 1720 Place: Virginia
5. Sex Name
M John CAMPBELL (AFN:PZ7Q-7N)
Born: Abt 1716 Place: Virginia
6. Sex Name
M James CAMPBELL (AFN:PZ7Q-8T)
Born: Abt 1718 Place: Virginia
7. Sex Name
F Mary CAMPBELL (AFN:PZ7Q-DJ)
Born: Abt 1728 Place: Tinkling Spring, Augusta, Virginia