A Study of Jacksons found in early Prince William, Virginia
- To gather data on all Jacksons in this area in an effort to determine the immigrant ancestors and any relatedness between the various branches.
- To learn if any of the descendants of each branch have participated in DNA testing.
- To learn the parents of Samuel Jackson (49) because a conjectured descendant has tested (DNA) to be descended from the immigrant Person:Robert Jackson (1) of Hempstead, Long Island, New York.
- To eliminate the conjecture and prove the up and down line of Samuel Jackson (49).
- To make contact with any known descendants of Samuel or genealogists working on this branch.
External Links Used
- Library of VA Digital Collections:http://www.lva.lib.va.us
- VA Land Office Patents & Grants: Archives Indexeshttp://220.127.116.11/collections/cc_archive.html
- Virginia Land Office Patents and Grants/Northern Neck Grants and Surveyshttp://lva1.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/F/?func=file&file_name=find-b-clas30&local_base=CLAS30
- Historic Court Records http://www.historiccourtrecords.org/
http://www.historiccourtrecords.org/courtrecordsearch.asp search window
- Library of Virginia Chancery Records Index http://beta.lva.virginia.gov/chancery/default.asp
- Ronald Ray Turner's website for Prince William County, Virginiahttp://www.pwcvabooks.com/
- A Collection of all the Laws of Virginia from the first session of the Legislature, in the Year 1619 Hennings at Large
- Tithables and land tax rolls http://www.binnsgenealogy.com/VirginiaTaxListCensuses/
- Interactive maps of Virginia county formations http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~george/countyformations/virginiaformatio\nmaps.html
Heads of Families who are posted on WeRelate
- Person:Samuel Jackson (80) Samuel Jackson, Stafford, VA (bef 1662 - abt 1721)
- Family:Francis Jackson and Sallie Tyler (1) Francis Jackson (aft 1714-1781)
- Family:Francis Jackson and Sarah Ridley (1) Francis Jackson (aft 1714-1781)
- Family:Samuel Jackson and Mary Farrow (1) Samuel Jackson (abt 1755-1815)
- Family:Samuel Jackson and Vashti Greening (2) Samuel Jackson (1756-1844)
- Family:George Jackson and Nancy Strother (1) George Jackson (1775-1834)
- Family:John Jackson and Elizabeth Grigsby (1) John Jackson (1788-1856)
Need To Do
Info Researched To Be Input- Wills
The following Wills have been located:
Francis Jackson who wrote his will 1781
Samuel Jackson who wrote his will 1785
Isaac Farrow who wrote his will 1803, his dau Mary married Samuel Jackson
Samuel Jackson who wrote his will 1815
John Jackson of Bath County, Kentucky who wrote his will 1823 and who may be related to the above.
Legal Documents TimeLine
Legal Documents TimeLine at WeRelate
more up-to-date timeline is available at google.docs.
- Needed work for Person:Samuel Jackson (49) line:
- Need to find documentation that Willis Jackson is son of Charles in Trimble County, Kentucky. The DNA participant has good documentation up to Willis.
- Need to find Charles s/o Samuel Jackson (49). We have a Family:Charles Jackson and Nancy Unknown (1) in Trimble County, Kentucky but have no verification that this is Samuel's son. This Charles was born abt 1775 in Virginia.
- Need to find parents of Samuel Jackson (49)
Need to verify that family of Samuel's son John is ready for input - waiting for results of DNA test on Glen Jackson due in Feb. 2010. Glen Jackson was not a match!
- Could look for other children of Samuel: Lucy Jackson Stansberry, Nancy Jackson Daniels and Mary (Polly) Jackson Weldon or Wheldon.
- Need to find will of Ludowick Jackson - 1742 Inventory Bk C Who is he??
- Need to find will of William Jackson - 1819 Will Bk L, pg 292
- Feel free to add any other Prince William County Jackson here.
- Need to find descendants of Family:John Jackson and Rachel Rosser (1)
Related Families posted on WeRelate
- Family:Reuben Wright and Kesiah Jackson (1)
- Family:Zephaniah Jackson and Frances Kendall (1)
Folks Interested in This Project
- --Janiejac 17:00, 26 March 2009 (EDT)
- P. Jackson
- T. Jackson
The Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol., 30, No 3, pgs 180, 181 and 182 gives a list of petitioners of Prince William, Virginia. I have culled the names of all Jacksons who signed the petition as of 14, October 1779.
Saml Jackson pg 180
Francis Jackson, Jr. pg 180
Francis Jackson pg 180
Francis Jackson, Younger pg 180
George Jackson pg 181
John Jackson pg 181
Samll Jackson pg 181
Samll Jackson, Junr pg 181
There are no Jacksons on page 182
One of the above Samuel Jacksons must be the one who married Vashti Grinnan (Greening) in Fauquier, Virginia; and abt 1798 left Virginia; moved to Mason, Kentucky; moved on to Floyd, Indiana and died in Morgan, Illinois.
It would be very helpful if someone knows about any of the other Jacksons listed. Please add what you can here or leave a msg on the talk page (link in blue bar above). --Janiejac 18:43, 25 March 2009 (EDT)