Facts and Events
Nathaniel's will, identifies the following as his children:
- Page 418.--9th April, 1752. Nathan Patterson's will, freeholder--Wife, Isabell; sons, John, Mathew, Robert (John is oldest), Mathew 2d; daughter, Isabell; daughter, Sarah; daughter, Martha. Executors, wife, John Wilson, Robert Campbell. Teste: Robert Campbell, Mathew Wifson, Wm. Wilson. Proved, 21st May, 1752, by Robt. Campbell and Wm. Wilson, and to lie for further proof, and executors qualify, with surety Alexander Richey.
- person:John Patterson (63) (named as eldest son)
- person:Matthew Patterson (5)
- person:Robert Patterson (38)
- Matthew Patterson "2nd"?
- person:Isabella Patterson (4)
- person:Sarah Patterson (22)
- person:Martha Patterson (24)
The following are sometimes alos listed as children of this couple
- person:Mary Patterson (57)
- person:James Patterson (71)
Evidence is needed to support their inclusion in the child list.
Its possible that some of them predeceased their father, but evidence of their existence as his children is still needed.