Facts and Events
- ↑ Interviews, hearsay and personal knowledge of the ANDREWS and HENDERSON extended families, Record Type: interv, Alice (ANDREWS) HENDERSON.
- ↑ Interviews, hearsay and personal knowledge of the ANDREWS and HENDERSON extended families, Record Type: interv, Wedding Invitation sent to Archibald and Agnes (DAVIDSON) HENDERSON by Honor ANDREWS.
- ↑ Alice HENDERSON nee ANDREWS (2). HENDERSON, Alice, nee ANDREWS, Recipient: Lorna Henderson, Author Address: Roxburgh, Otago then Paraparaumu, W, rcvd Sep 1993.
- ↑ BDM: New Zealand Certificates, Record Type: Certified copies BDMs, Mar. 1945 Les HENDERSON and Alice ANDREWS, (copy held, taken Oct 1993).
- ↑ Compiled by New Zealand Society Genealogists. New Zealand Soc. Gen. New Zealand Marriages 1836-1956, Record Type: Marriages, Location: Auckland, New Zealand. (1836-1956), Marr. 1945 Jessie Alice ANDREWS and Leslie Archibald HENDERSON, folio 14764, extracted Aug 2006.
- ↑ having met at a St John's dance before Les went overseas during WWII. The wedding invitation to Alice's future in-laws read: "Mrs H Andrews request the pleasure of the Company of Mr & Mrs A Henderson at the marriage of her daughter Jessie Alice to Leslie Archibald Henderson at Whitely Church on 30th Oct at 1:30 o'clock and afterwards at Mon Desir. RSVP 23rd Oct to 15 Pukenui St, New Plymouth". The actual cert reads: Whiteley Memorial Methodist Church, New Plymouth, 30 October 1945, Groom:Leslie Archibald Henderson, 32, orchardist, bachelor, born Dunedin, present and usual residence, Roxburgh, s/o Archibald Henderson, linesman, & Agnes Manson formerly Davidson. Bride: Jessie Alice Andrews, 32, no profession stated, spinster, born Waitara, Present residence, New Plymouth, usual res. Christchurch, d/o George Ernest Andrews, carpenter and Honor formerly Rowe. Officiating minister, William Charles Jenkin. Witnesses: R R Davidson, 39 Hruon (?) St, Gore, joiner, (no relation, an army mate of Dad's) J H Schwarkfeger, 352 Armagh St, Chch, domestic. Registrars District of New Plymouth.