Facts and Events
Ellen Williams was the thirteen child in a family of 14, ten girls and four boys. S1
- Her father was John Williams and he was b. 26 Jun 1807 in Shenandoah Co. VA and he married 25 Apr 1828 in Morgan Co. OHIO to Harriet Chilcote who was b. 27 Nov 1809 in Maryland. John d. 15 Jun 1885 and is buried in the Morrisburg Cemetery, Dale City, Iowa. Harriett d. 9 Oct 1896 in Bayard, IA and is buried in the Morrisburg cemetery.
- John's parents were William Williams Sr., and Elizabeth Orndorff. William Sr. was b. 1775 in VA and d. 1830 in Guernsey Co.OHIO. Elizabeth was b. 25 Nov 1786 and d. 11 Jun 1862. John's parents were married 5 Sep 1806 in VA.
- Harriet's parents were Richard Chilcote and Elizabeth Ensore Cole. Richard was b. 1765 in Baltimore Co. MD, and d. 1830 in Noble Township, Morgan OHIO. Elizabeth Cole was b. @1769 and d. 1820. Elizabeth Cole's parents were Mordecoi Cole and Elizabeth Bond.
Children of John Williams and Harriet Chilcote were: S1
- Eliza Ann b. 1829 d. 1834.
- Elizabeth Williams, b. 1838 in OH and d. Peru, Madison IA, she m. James Jackson, b. 1826.
- Samuel Williams, b. 23 Nov 1832 in Noble Co. OH, d. 9 Apr 1908 & married Martha Ellen Bower, b. 8 Jan 1838, d. 1902. They had six children
- William Ellsworth Williams, b. 6 May 1835 in Guernsey Co. OH, d. 1 Apr 1903 in Beaver City NE & m. Priscilla Leach, b. 1837 and d. 21 Aug 1914 in NE. They had at least two children.
- Lucinda Williams was b. 16 Jan 1834 in Guernsey Co. OH and d. 9 Apr 1908 in Guthrie Co. IA & she m. John Kunkle, b. 21 Sep 1832 and d. 30 Apr 1914. They m. 22 Apr 1856 in Panora IA.
- Mary Jane Williams, b. 1836 in Guernsey Co. OH and d. 1897 in Beaver City NE & she m. Able Wilkinson Leach, b. 1815 and d. 23 May 1889. They had 11 children.
- Rebecca Williams was b. 5 Nov 1837 in Guernsey Co. OH and d. 26 Aug 1901 in Hastings NE, she m. Joseph C. Moore, b. 8 Jul 1834 & d. 29 Jan 1921. They had 9 children.
- Sarah Williams, b. 11 Nov 1838 & s. 2 Oct 1971 in Guthrie Co. IA & m. Levi Marienee, b. 1838, s. 1876 IA
- Lewis Williams, b. 24 Aug 1840 Guernsey Co. OH, d. 16 May 1917 Glendon, Guthrie Co., IA & m. Mary Jane Tuffs, b. 1843, d. 1916, 7 children.
- Benjamin Williams, b. 15 Mar 1842 Guernsey Co. OH d. 11 Nov 1928 in Stuart IA & m. Mary Elizabeth Marienee, b 1 May 1849, d. 10 Apr 1875. They had 4 children.
- Charlotte "Lottie" Williams b. 5 Jun 1843 in Guernsey Bo. OH, d. 24 Dec 1910 in Bayard, Guthrie Co. IA and m. John W. MCool, b 29 Aug 1842 & d. 17 Sep 1922. They had 13 children.
- Caroline Williams, b. 5 Mar 1847 in Guernsey Co. OH & d. 22 May 1905 in Guthrie Co. IA & m. Lewis Marlenee, b. 1846, d 1916 in Panora IA. They had 5 children.
- The 13th child was Ellen Williams
- The last child was Adeline Martha Williams, b 5 Dec 1851 in Noble Co OH & d 18 May 1918; she m. Alonzo Maulsby, b. 1851 & d. 1930. They had five children.
- Terwilliger, Wilma. McLuen Family Notes.
- ↑ Nathan, Jean. Ohio Marriages Recorded in County Courts, 1 Jan 1821 - 31 Dec 1830: An Index. (Mansfield, Ohio: Ohio Genealogical Society, 2003), 1871.
citing Morgan County marriage book A, page 133